Monday, May 4, 2009

Having Children 9 and a half months apart

I am 20 years old and have two adorable sons. My oldest was born June 11, 2008. I then got preg%nant August 18th so I was due to have my second son May 5, 2009. I ended up having him March 26th so that put my sons at 9 and a half months apart. I had him at 34 weeks when Landon was born they took him away right away. I got to see him once that day and they had a hood over him for him to breath the next day the transfered him to another hospital. Thankfully my dad lives near by to take care of my oldest son Caden. When he first got there they had informed us that he had a whole in his lung and had to put a tube in his chest right away. So they did that and had him on the ventillators since he was requiring 40% oxygen. He was kept sedated for 5 days of his life and they slowly started weining him off the ventilator after he was off then they put him on a cpap they next day since he started requiring more oxygen put by the day after he didnt need that anymore. He stayed in the NICU for 18 days which was hard on us because we had another child at home we had to take care of. Finally when we got to bring him home he was on a strict schedule so my oldest son ended up at his Grandpas for awhile. They got to spend there first easter and first mothers day together and they are going to be the same age for part of the year. My oldest son doesnt understand that his brother is not a toy. I think that is the biggest disadvantage of having to children close together. The other disadvantages are that my oldest son doesnt understand anything yet so i cant explain anything to him and i dont know how to tell him no. They both wake p in the middle of the night so if you like your sleep dont have kids close together cause they will wake each other up. Both my boys sleep in the room with us because they still wake up and it is easier for me to be there to get them. The best advantage of having them so close in age is that they will grow up together hopefully to be the best of buds. I love my boys so much and the lack of sleep and the long days they will make up for it when they grow up of course there will be a lot of fighting but they are kids and thats what they do. I dont think kit matters how far apart your kids are or how close they are all kids fight at one point or another. So if you want to have kids close together i say go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment